Areas of activity
Tallinna Vesi is the largest water utility in Estonia, providing drinking water and wastewater services to nearly one third of Estonian population. We serve over 23,900 private customers and businesses and approximately 470,000 end consumers in Tallinn and its surrounding areas: City of Maardu, City of Saue, Harku Small Town and Saku Municipality.
We have two main treatment plants, Ülemiste Water Treatment Plant and Paljassaare Wastewater Treatment Plant. Every day, we treat and pump into the network an average of 68,000 m³ of water and collect and direct 133,000 m³ of wastewater to our wastewater treatment plant, where it will be treated and, after turning into environmentally safe effluent, discharged to the sea. Tallinna Vesi also has an accredited water laboratory and an accredited wastewater laboratory.
The public water supply system includes more than 1,200 km of water pipes, 22 water pumping stations and 46 ground water pumping stations with 93 boreholes. The catchment area in Harju and Järva Counties covers around 1,800 km². The public sewerage system comprises more than 1,187 km of wastewater network, 520 km of stormwater network and 179 wastewater and stormwater pumping stations across the service area.
Tallinna Vesi Group consists of three companies: AS Tallinna Vesi, Watercom OÜ and ASTV Green Energy OÜ. Tallinna Vesi is listed on Nasdaq Baltic market. As of 31 December 2021, Tallinna Vesi’s shareholders, with a direct holding over 5% were OÜ Utilitas and the City of Tallinn.
Our main products and services are:
- Collection, treatment and supply of water
- Pipe construction works
- Transportation services and road construction
- Design works
- Laboratory services
- Collection, treatment and disposal of wastewater and stormwater
- Owner supervision and project management
- Water and wastewater services
Our work in treating and using this valuable natural resource for the benefit of our customers, residents, visitors and the environment requires careful and long-term planning.
- Achieve operational excellence (with a strong emphasis on environment protection)
- Achieve customer service excellence
- Grow the water and sewerage services area of the company
- Deliver shareholder value
- Continue improving the water quality
- Secure continuous water supply
- Preserve the environment by reducing the leakage rate
- Prevent situations where our sewerage system is flooding the residential and commercial estates
- Continue improving the environmental status and to contribute to cleaner seawater in Tallinn Bay
- Provide a wider range of products and services to the customers
- Develop an open and bilateral dialogue with customers
- Expand company’s activity in the neighbouring municipalities of Tallinn
- Prepare and implement a strategy for the company’s expansion to the Baltic countries
- Produce for investors a long-term attractive return on their investments