We understand that our activity has a significant impact on the surrounding natural environment. Therefore, our objective is to cause as little environmental damage as possible. We monitor the impact of our operations on the environment, the quality of life of the population, as well as our partners, by identifying and keeping in check the existing and potential negative and positive consequences. To maintain and improve customer satisfaction and the effectiveness of our environmental performance, each year we agree upon the environmental objectives on the Company level, as well as for each department and employee.
Our environmental objectives
- Reduce the percentage of clean water loss by keeping the level of leakages low.
- Comply with all the requirements set out in the environmental permits issued by the Environmental Board.
- Recycle all the stabilized sewage sludge that is produced.
- To use the sand taken out from the sand traps by mixing the washed sand with sewage sludge.
- Minimize the evitable sudden discharge of untreated wastewater to the sea.
- Reduce the electricity consumed at the pumping stations.
- Improve the awareness of various stakeholders (employees, young generation, consumers and community) about the environment and topics related to Company’s activity, in order to increase and maintain the good reputation of the Company.
- Reduce the printing by using digital alternatives.